Membership Funds Disclosure
Funds Availability Policy Disclosure
Please read this form completely and “Accept” or “Decline” below.
Your Ability to Withdraw Funds
Our policy for checking accounts is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Deposits of cash, wire transfers, and electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. However, if we do not receive the information necessary to process an electronic deposit before the day we receive the funds, then the funds will be available on the first business day after we receive the funds and the information. Once the funds are available, you can withdraw them in cash and we will use them to pay checks that you have written. This disclosure describes our policy for holds on your checking account. Our policy for holds on other accounts may vary.
Please remember that even after funds are made available to you, and you have withdrawn funds, you are still responsible for the checks you have deposited that are returned to us unpaid and for any other problems involving your deposit.
For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 4:00 p.m. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 4:00 p.m. or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
Longer Delays May Apply
In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first business day after the day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. The first $200 of your deposits, however, may be available on the first business day.
If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the day after we receive your deposit.
If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts
- If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
- Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you (and you may have to use a special deposit slip). The excess over $5,000 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit.
- Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit.
Holds on Other Funds (Check Cashing)
If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it.
Holds on Other Funds (Other Account)
If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your ability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
Deposits at Automated Teller Machines
Funds from any deposits (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we do not own or operate will not be available until the fifth business day after the day of your deposit. This rule does not apply at ATMs that we own or operate.
Indianhead Credit Union does not currently own or operate any ATMs.
Foreign Checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this disclosure. Generally, the available of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institutions upon which the checks are drawn.
By selecting “Accept”, you acknowledge having read,
and agree to, the provisions stated in this agreement.
© CUNA Mutual Group, 1993, 2002 32920WI 11452 (01/15/02)