Motor Vehicle Registration (By Appointment Only)
Through an association with DealerTrack, Indianhead Credit Union is an agent of the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This agency status allows ICU to process motor vehicle registrations, issue and transfer license plates and perform registration renewals.
The types of services we can offer are limited to the following:
Service: Plates, stickers, and registration certificates (title transfers) for: Cars, Light Duty Trucks, and Motorcycles
- Must be registered for personal use
- Must be a new purchase or new transfer of ownership
- An electronic title/license plate processing fee of $19.50 is assessed in addition to the fees due the State of Wisconsin
- A $10.00 counter service fee is charged in addition to the WI DMV fees and processing fee
Service: Registration Renewals for: Cars, Light Duty Trucks, and Motorcycles
- An electronic processing fee of $10.00 is assessed in addition to the fees due the State of Wisconsin
- A counter service fee of $5.00 is assessed in addition to the WI DMV fees and processing fee
SELLING A VEHICLE?
Effective January 1, 2016, Wisconsin law requires any individual who sells a motor vehicle to another individual to notify the department within 30 days of the sale. This requirement includes transferring a junk vehicle by bill of sale. For more information, call (608) 264-7447 or click here: Selling a Vehicle?
* * *
ATV/UTV, BOAT, & SNOWMOBILE REGISTRATION DISCONTINUED AT ICU
As of February 1, 2016, Indianhead Credit Union no longer offers recreational vehicle registration transactions. You may use the on-line vehicle registration system at goWILD and then operate with the printed temporary operating receipt while you wait for decals and trail passes to arrive by mail. OR, you can complete a hard copy registration form and send it to the DNR for processing; however you cannot operate your recreational vehicle until the decals arrive. For more info, click here: Registration for Boats and Off-Highway Recreational Vehicles