Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Indianhead Credit Union. Our staff will be happy to assist you in opening your account. If you have additional questions, please contact our main office in Spooner at (715) 635-8273 or our Grantsburg branch office (715) 463-5515, if you are calling long distance call using our toll free number at (800) 645-9391. Information on membership eligibility and how to join ICU is disclosed below.
For your convenience, you may print and complete the form and stop by one of our convenient locations.
Who can join?
- Anyone who works or lives in Wisconsin Counties: Ashland, Bayfield, Douglas, Polk, Rusk, Washburn, Burnett, Sawyer and Barron County and Minnesota Counties: St Louis, Pine, and Carlton.
- Employees of the Chicago Northwestern Railway in the Second Division
- Any member of the immediate family of any eligible person
- A trust for the benefit of eligible members
- Organizations and associations, in which the majority of individuals are eligible for membership.
- Corporations that are located in the geographical area ICU serves.
- Public Depositors, who are located in the geographical area ICU serves.
How to Join
To become a member of ICU is simple. You need to complete a membership application and deposit $5.00 or more into a savings account at any ICU office. The first person named on an account is the “Primary Member.” Once you are a primary member, you are eligible to use or apply for any of the services offered by ICU. Other people named on a savings account are joint owners; they have rights to the account but not all the services offered by the credit union. Anyone who is eligible to join the credit union can be a “primary member.”
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.